I am a few weeks into my new Bodybuilding routine. It’s one thing to try to lose weight, but an entirely completely different story when trying to build muscle! Food is always 80% of the battle in either case, but it gets a little tricker while trying to add gainz into the picture. I am crazy busy working full-time in the IP Litigation world, being a Mom and living my passion helping people get healthier, so I don’t have time for fancy recipes that take HOURS in the kitchen to prepare for the week. This Girl needs it to be both good AND fast! These are a great option and what I use for my AM snack. For an added protein punch, you can add ground turkey meat or sausage or turkey bacon. I used that below, a well as mushrooms with a dash of organic cheese on the top.
Super Green Egg Cups
[1 Red | 1 Green = 2 egg cups]
Total Time: 35 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Yield: Makes 6 servings, 2 egg cups each
Nonstick cooking spray
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
12 large eggs, lightly beaten
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1 cup steamed broccoli, coarsely chopped
½ cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped raw spinach
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare twelve muffin cups by coating with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine almond milk and eggs in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
4. Evenly divide broccoli, spinach, and bell peppers between prepared muffin cups.
5. Evenly pour egg mixture over broccoli mixture.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of egg cups comes out clean, and eggs are set.